Many of the teachers who taught at the school at that time were specialists in the classical subjects. The origin of our logo, the lily in the coat of arms, was inspired by one of our secondary school teachers Lilja (which means ‘lily’) who became Bladins’ first principal, hence, the lily in the school’s coat of arms. Vilhelm Bladin gave the school its name and was principal until the mid 1950’s, when Sigurd Delling took over. In 1957 Rosemarie and Stig Erikson co-directed the school. It was at this time that the school took the name Bladins to avoid confusion with another private school in the city.
The number of classes increased gradually and in 1962, when the compulsory school was implemented in Sweden, Bladins was grated permission to teach all nine year levels. At the same time, Bladins added a pre school, and in 1967 an upper secondary school was also added.
In 1969 the Foundation Bladins School was founded to ensure the schools financial sustainability. The school still operates as a foundation today.
In 1987 the international school was founded. At the time, Kockums, the Swedish submarine and ship manufacturer, won a contract to build submarines for the Australian navy. The region needed an international school to cater for the Australian expatriate community.
Over the years, Bladins has been successful in recruiting creative and very dedicated teachers and has always been run by enthusiastic principals and supporting staff. Many former students probably remember Rosemarie Erikson’s dynamic personality and her self-sacrificing work during three decades. The famous “Bladins spirit” developed during this time – and still lives on!