- Bladins International School of Malmö
- Start date: as per agreement
Bladins International School of Malmö (BISM) is an IB Continuum School located in the central parts of Malmö, right next to the beautiful green park Pildammsparken. We are authorised to deliver the IB Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programme to our approximately 700 students from all over the world. BISM is part of the Bladins Foundation, an independent school in Malmö. Bladins operates as a non-profit foundation which means that any surplus is reinvested in the core business – in the education we offer our students. In addition to the international school, Bladins also run a Swedish compulsory school, a Swedish upper secondary school and two pre schools.
We now offer a position as Principal at our unique school, committed to delivering a high quality international education to our diverse community.
As Principal, you will lead a team of highly dedicated teachers and support staff in providing the best educational experience for our students. With your strong leadership skills, you will guide teachers in creating a safe and effective environment for learning and conduct periodic evaluations to identify areas that need improvement.
About the position
We offer a Principal position in which you will have the responsibility as well as opportunity to influence, shape and develop the school. You are a key person in creating a climate that promotes long-term quality and creativity for both employees and students. As Principal, you will have the educational responsibility as well as the responsibility for personnel, results and finances for the school. You lead, plan, coordinate, develop and evaluate the school in accordance with laws and regulations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish curriculum guidelines in collaboration with other administrators and curriculum coordinators and ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and students to provide the best education for each student and assist them in their academic and professional goals.
- Evaluate teachers and other staff members to ensure that the relevant curriculums are adhered to and identify areas of improvement.
- Participate in hiring, training and other employment activities for teachers and other staff members to create a dynamic team.
- Lead professional development programs for staff and encourage teachers to attend conferences and vocational training to maintain best professional skills.
- Participate in budgeting proposals and determining budget allocations.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Our school is looking for an experienced Principal to manage school operations and provide strong leadership to our teachers and staff members. We are looking for a person who is eager to influence staff and students. You have the ability to motivate others and you have the ability to spread the feeling that everything is possible. You are inspired by working and leading in an academic environment in a solution-driven way showing clear direction. As a leader you create the conditions for your employees to grow and use their potential. You are clear in in your communication, you set well defined goals that you follow up and you can make difficult decisions.
- Master’s degree in education or similar teaching qualification
- 5+ years’ experience as a Principal or in a school management position
- Completed or ongoing Swedish Principal degree is desired
Further, you have:
- strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Swedish is desired.
- strong knowledge and experience of Swedish school law and the IB curriculum
- strong pedagogical skills
- experience and competence within finance
- experience working in multicultural and multilingual environments
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suite
- proven problem-solving skills
To be successful in this role you have the ability to create good relationships with employees, students and other internal and external collaboration partners. You are open-minded, flexible and driven by the passion to create the best possible learning environment for the students.
We place great emphasis on personal traits.
Please apply by sending an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February. We look forward to receiving your application!
If you have questions about the position, please contact:
School Director / Skolchef
We will review applications as they come in and may complete recruitment prior to the application deadline.